Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage is full scam

I continue to get daily repeated messages from Apple that my iCloud storage is full and that i need to give Apple more money. I don’t use iCloud storage for much and therefore don’t need more than 5gb.

I’ve deleted most of what *was* using the storage space but this apparently didn’t register... conveniently

iCloud storage still shows this:

but this is inaccurate. When i drill into messages, i see this:

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 11:26 AM

I’ve done these things many times. I also have an iPad and am getting the the same repeated messages, but again, managing my iCloud storage on the ipad and drilling into the txt messages, I see similar information as posted in the screenshots above. It shows messages using the majority at 4.5gb, but when clicking on messages, it only shows 4.7mb.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2020 11:26 AM in response to CarlAVII

I’ve done these things many times. I also have an iPad and am getting the the same repeated messages, but again, managing my iCloud storage on the ipad and drilling into the txt messages, I see similar information as posted in the screenshots above. It shows messages using the majority at 4.5gb, but when clicking on messages, it only shows 4.7mb.

Jul 14, 2020 5:52 PM in response to kgcity

Hey there kgcity,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand iCloud storage isn’t reflecting the changes you’ve made. We’ll be happy to help with this.

If the storage hasn’t updated, force close Settings and Messages then restart your iPhone:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

See if there is any change after that. If not, do you use Messages on iCloud with any other devices? If so, check those devices as well and see if any data is still showing unexpectedly.

We hope this helps.

Take care.

iCloud storage is full scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.