Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart rate app patterns while sleeping only

It’s the strangest thing. My watch which I do not wear to bed is showing heart rate activity between midnight and 6 AM. I am sleeping during that time and not wearing the watch. The rest of the day time hours do not show activity bars at all. What is causing this? And how do I fix it LOL or should I be worried someone else besides me is wearing my watch in the middle of the night.?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 7:02 AM

Hello Emotionalities.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you don’t wear your Apple Watch to bed, but your heart rate is being recorded during that time. We’re happy to help.

We’d like to have you do some basic troubleshooting to see if the Apple Watch records your heart rate when not wearing it. This will allow us to isolate the cause.

Please use the steps here to restart your Apple Watch: How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Please use the steps here to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

After restarting both the iPhone and Apple Watch, does the Apple Watch record your rate when you’re not wearing it?

We’d also like you to update your iPhone to the latest iOS version using the steps here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your Apple Watch to the latest watchOS version here: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

We look forward to the results.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2020 7:02 AM in response to Emotionalities

Hello Emotionalities.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you don’t wear your Apple Watch to bed, but your heart rate is being recorded during that time. We’re happy to help.

We’d like to have you do some basic troubleshooting to see if the Apple Watch records your heart rate when not wearing it. This will allow us to isolate the cause.

Please use the steps here to restart your Apple Watch: How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Please use the steps here to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

After restarting both the iPhone and Apple Watch, does the Apple Watch record your rate when you’re not wearing it?

We’d also like you to update your iPhone to the latest iOS version using the steps here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your Apple Watch to the latest watchOS version here: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

We look forward to the results.

Take care.

Heart rate app patterns while sleeping only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.