Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing and purchasing

I am in family sharing with my boyfriend, but I want to be able to use my own credit card to purchase apps or for in-app purchases. How can I do that?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 7:23 AM

Hello Alyssa_Lahm,

Thank you for contacting the Apple Support Community! We see you need to separate your In-App purchases from you Family Sharing account, it is important to purchase items using your preferred payment method.

When Share Purchases is turned on in the Family share account the main account is charged for all the purchases and will be billed for any purchases, you can turn off this feature so you can use your payment method for your Application purchases.

These articles have more helpful information for that matter:

Family purchases and payments.

Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing.

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods.

Take Care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2020 7:23 AM in response to Alyssa_Lahm

Hello Alyssa_Lahm,

Thank you for contacting the Apple Support Community! We see you need to separate your In-App purchases from you Family Sharing account, it is important to purchase items using your preferred payment method.

When Share Purchases is turned on in the Family share account the main account is charged for all the purchases and will be billed for any purchases, you can turn off this feature so you can use your payment method for your Application purchases.

These articles have more helpful information for that matter:

Family purchases and payments.

Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing.

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods.

Take Care!

Family sharing and purchasing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.