Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone "other" storage >100GB

I was just trying to update some apps and was told they couldn't install since I don't have enough space. That surprised me since last time I checked I had >100GB free. I went into my storage settings and I have <1GB free space, and probably 125GB is "other". I've done a search and the only answer I see is to backup/erase/restore the phone, but those threads are all a year old. Before I start on such drastic measures I just wanted to check and see if there is anything simpler I can try first. It's an iPhone X running OS 13.5.1. I know I can delete some saved podcasts etc and I will- but I don't think that's the problem, it seems like something is out of control in "other".

Thanks!!

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 4:49 PM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2020 5:15 PM in response to Alexroet

Other is all data on the phone that is not shown in the colored graph categories when you go to Settings/General/iPhone Storage. Other is typically 1-2 GB, but can be more if you have a lot of app data. If it is very large (>10GB) there may be storage corruption on your phone, usually caused by an interrupted sync. To fix this follow these steps:

Here is additional information on Other—>What is &#34;Other&#34; and What Can I Do… - Apple Community

iPhone "other" storage >100GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.