Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Is Showing Wrong Apple ID in App STORE.

Hello!

I have recently changed the Apple ID on my Ipad. I opened the App store to update an app purchased under the former Apple ID on my Ipad. It says enter your Apple ID which I did, then it said something like "reverify your apple id ######@icloud.com". The problem was that Apple ID was the old one that was on my ipad before I switched to the new one. And I have also changed the Apple ID linked to Itunes and App store to my current Apple ID. I really do not want to factory reset my ipad because it is very complicated to set up some of the stuff on it again.

Thank you.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 7:59 PM

Apps are FOREVER tied to the Apple ID they were downloaded under. It's almost always a mess when you change your Apple ID. To avoid this mess, you should delete the apps downloaded under the previous ID and redownload/purchase the apps under your new ID. Otherwise, you will have to sign out of the current ID and back into the previous ID every time one of those apps downloaded under the ID you no longer use need to be updated.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2020 7:59 PM in response to Henry1018

Apps are FOREVER tied to the Apple ID they were downloaded under. It's almost always a mess when you change your Apple ID. To avoid this mess, you should delete the apps downloaded under the previous ID and redownload/purchase the apps under your new ID. Otherwise, you will have to sign out of the current ID and back into the previous ID every time one of those apps downloaded under the ID you no longer use need to be updated.

Ipad Is Showing Wrong Apple ID in App STORE.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.