Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is a thunderbolt 2 port the same as the mini-display port that was initially released as a "Thunderbolt" port.

add more information about compatibility of the Thunderbolt 1/2 and 3 ports along with applications and adaptors that are available. For example I have an older (about 2013/14) MAC Pro with two Thunderbolt ports. They seem like mini-display ports and accept a couple of those adaptors. I have an adaptor to Firewire 800 but it seems there are only a few Firewire 800 drives available and maybe some ethernet and multi display adaptors with a Thunderbolt 1/2 cable. Can I do anything else with them?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 8:57 PM

2 replies

is a thunderbolt 2 port the same as the mini-display port that was initially released as a "Thunderbolt" port.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.