Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't reinstall MacOS after erasing disk.

I can't reinstall MacOS after erasing disk. When I restart and hold down down Command and R key the spinning globe appears. I see my internet network and select and add the password but then nothing happens and a triangle appears over the globe and says apple.com/siuppoprt -2002F

How can I get it to connect to the internet. Its a MacBook Air 2015

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 4:45 PM

The error indicates some type of networking issue. You can try rebooting the router and waiting five minutes before trying again.

Try an SMC reset and PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for at least three chimes).

Try connecting the laptop directly to the router using an Ethernet cable. You will also need an Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter. This will provide a faster and more reliable network connection and will bypass any possible WiFi issues.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2020 4:45 PM in response to sorrell163

The error indicates some type of networking issue. You can try rebooting the router and waiting five minutes before trying again.

Try an SMC reset and PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for at least three chimes).

Try connecting the laptop directly to the router using an Ethernet cable. You will also need an Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter. This will provide a faster and more reliable network connection and will bypass any possible WiFi issues.

I can't reinstall MacOS after erasing disk.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.