You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR after a voice call screen remains black and inoperable

Each time I make and finish a voice call, screen remains black and inoperable for a while. Takes several seconds to restore. Is this normal? I never had it with my old model 6.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 7:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 10:35 AM

Hey there, mgoksoy.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From the behavior you described, it sounds like you may be having issues with your Proximity Sensor. We can understand why this would be a concern. 

To start, please remove any case or screen protector you may be using. Then Restart your iPhone and test to see if the issue persists. 

Also, be sure to Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If the issue persists, Contact Apple Support.

All the best. 

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 15, 2020 10:35 AM in response to mgoksoy

Hey there, mgoksoy.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From the behavior you described, it sounds like you may be having issues with your Proximity Sensor. We can understand why this would be a concern. 

To start, please remove any case or screen protector you may be using. Then Restart your iPhone and test to see if the issue persists. 

Also, be sure to Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If the issue persists, Contact Apple Support.

All the best. 

iPhone XR after a voice call screen remains black and inoperable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.