Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off find my device using the iCloud so the iPad can be repaired

How do I turn off find my iPad using the iCloud so the iPad can be repaired?

iPad Air, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 5:04 PM

Remotely erase a device

To prevent anyone else from accessing the data on your missing device, you can erase it remotely. When you erase your device, all of your information (including credit, debit, or prepaid cards for Apple Pay) is deleted from the device, and you won't be able to find it using Find My:

1. Open the Find My app and tab the Devices tab.
  2. Select the device you want to remotely erase.
  3. Scroll down and choose Erase This Device.
  4. Select Erase This [device].

After you erase a device, you can't track it. If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2020 5:04 PM in response to DCMoffitt14

Remotely erase a device

To prevent anyone else from accessing the data on your missing device, you can erase it remotely. When you erase your device, all of your information (including credit, debit, or prepaid cards for Apple Pay) is deleted from the device, and you won't be able to find it using Find My:

1. Open the Find My app and tab the Devices tab.
  2. Select the device you want to remotely erase.
  3. Scroll down and choose Erase This Device.
  4. Select Erase This [device].

After you erase a device, you can't track it. If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.

How to turn off find my device using the iCloud so the iPad can be repaired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.