Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am installing Google Earth on my MacBook Pro. It says to drag to hard drive. Two problems 1. My screen is not set correctly so everything is blurry. 2. I have no idea where the hard drive is

I need to install Google Earth to my MacBook Pro for college class. My screen has everything so it cannot be seen properly. I don’t know were e hard drive is that I am supposed to drag the app to.

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 2:03 PM

1 reply

Jul 15, 2020 12:05 PM in response to AzBluestocking

Hey there, AzBluestocking.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for your question about installing an app on your MacBook Pro. We'd be glad to see how we can help you out.

During installation, some apps may open up. little window and ask you to drag an icon to the Applications folder. You can do that in a few different ways, but an easy one would be to click on the Finder icon on the Dock. This will open a new window. On the left side of that window should be a sidebar with several items including Applications. If you click Applications, it should open the right folder. From there, drag the icon of the app that you need installed from that custom install window into the Applications folder. The rest should take care of itself. More info on installing this app can be found in Install & uninstall Google Earth Pro - Google.

If for some reason, you can't get Applications to load up using the above method, You can also open it up using Spotlight. Look over Search with Spotlight on Mac to learn more.

General app installation instructions for your Mac can be found in Install and uninstall apps from the internet or disc on Mac.

Thanks!

I am installing Google Earth on my MacBook Pro. It says to drag to hard drive. Two problems 1. My screen is not set correctly so everything is blurry. 2. I have no idea where the hard drive is

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.