Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appletv has uncorrectable PW problem with home Wi-Fi network

Appletv won’t connect to network, stating PW entered is not correct. But, appletv won’t offer a page allowing me to enter a correct PW. What steps must I take to get back on to my home network?

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 1:02 AM

Are you able to get to the option to forget the network (Settings ➔ network ➔ wifi ➔ network name). If not can you try connecting to a hotspot from your phone, and then trying again.

You might also try restarting your network router.

6 replies

Jul 11, 2020 4:20 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I have used Appletv successfully for years. So, this is not a new setup, but when I returned to Appletv, I was informed that my device was no longer connected to the home network. During wi-fi connection, I select my home network which appears among available networks. I select my home network, but get an error page stating my password is incorrect. I am not given a login option whereby I can re-enter my PW, I am simply returned to the drop down list of available networks. How do I advance to a login queue whereby I can enter my Pw anew?

Appletv has uncorrectable PW problem with home Wi-Fi network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.