Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my phone tell me I am roaming when I try to call certain numbers

why does my phone tell me i am roaming when i call certain numbers? And should roaming be on or not

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 4:37 PM

The best answers to your questions can be provided by your Cellular Service Provider. Please call them and they will be able to explain why roaming appears on your iPhone and how it may or may not affect your current plan with them. Roaming feature should be set to on when you plan to roam outside of your Cellular Service's coverage. It should be set to OFF if you are normally within your Cellular Service's coverage area. In some cases Cellular Service Providers charge extra when roaming.

As I mentioned above, please have a discussion with your service provider and they will give you the right advice that you are looking for.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2020 4:37 PM in response to Mykidsx4

The best answers to your questions can be provided by your Cellular Service Provider. Please call them and they will be able to explain why roaming appears on your iPhone and how it may or may not affect your current plan with them. Roaming feature should be set to on when you plan to roam outside of your Cellular Service's coverage. It should be set to OFF if you are normally within your Cellular Service's coverage area. In some cases Cellular Service Providers charge extra when roaming.

As I mentioned above, please have a discussion with your service provider and they will give you the right advice that you are looking for.

Axel F.

why does my phone tell me I am roaming when I try to call certain numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.