Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The camera on my iPhone 11 has been taking pictures upside down intermittently

The camera on my iPhone 11 has been taking pictures upside down intermittently, only happens sometimes - not always: I hold my phone in the upright position, sleep/wake button is on the top right side of the phone, my volume buttons are on my upper left side of my phone, my camera is on the "photo" setting, the screen says "1x", I press the shutter button and then my upside down pictures is shown on the bottom left corner of my screen.

Does anyone know why the picture is shown as upside down when I am holding my iPhone in the upright position?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 5:45 PM

3 replies

Jul 15, 2020 2:10 PM in response to Born2RockU

Hi Born2RockU,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand your iPhone 11 sometimes takes photos upside down.

Are you using the default Camera app when this happens?

If not, does this happen if you test with the default Camera app?

Let's follow the steps linked below to help get your camera functioning correctly.

You may also find helpful steps to take great photos within the next resources.

Cheers!

Jul 15, 2020 2:19 PM in response to i_rina

This didn’t work for me.

I went as far as resetting all contents and setting then starting as new, I didn’t transfer and data. I downloaded everything back to my phone individually which took hours then I decided to take a picture. This time the picture was sideways when I was holding my iPhone in the upright position.

This was diagnosed as a software problem, I don’t understand why because this is a brand new iPhone I just purchased December 2019; I’m already having problems 7 months in? Sounds like iPhone is not worth the $780 I paid for it.

I have an appointment at an Apple Store this Saturday the 18th to do a swap since I’ve been paying insurance on this phone but this is a very disappointing experience so far

Jul 26, 2020 5:30 AM in response to i_rina

I was supposed to get my iPhone replaced last weekend (or two weekends ago??) but the Apple advisor decided not to replace my phone since I couldn't reproduce the problem in front of her to show her (I DID say my phone takes pictures upside down INTERMITTENTLY). What the Apple advisor did instead was update my iPhone using her laptop, I had to reinstall everything into my phone all over again for the 3rd time and I haven't had any issues with taking pictures yet. HOWEVER, now I have a problem with my alarm clock: I can hear my alarm's song really loud for maybe the first 10 seconds then out of nowhere the volume drops to a level where I can barely hear the song so if I don't wake up within those first 10 seconds when the loud music plays then I oversleep because the song isn't loud enough anymore to wake up.

The camera on my iPhone 11 has been taking pictures upside down intermittently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.