Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 3rd Generation as tablet

Is it possible to use a 3rd Gen iPad as a tablet with some application? I'd like to use it as a tablet to sync with and draw on PowerPoint presentations on my iMac (Catalina). I am a teacher, and will be teaching online in the fall. Thanks for any help you can give.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 4:51 AM

Maybe. If the device still functions you can use it. However you may fine significant issues getting apps for the device if you don’t already have them. THe operating system on that device is no longer fully supported and you may find compatibility issues in about everything you’d need to do.

Go ahead and explore and if it works for you fantastic, however you may find that most apps in the App Store require a newer operating system than your device can run.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 4:51 AM in response to Gen-1-2-3

Maybe. If the device still functions you can use it. However you may fine significant issues getting apps for the device if you don’t already have them. THe operating system on that device is no longer fully supported and you may find compatibility issues in about everything you’d need to do.

Go ahead and explore and if it works for you fantastic, however you may find that most apps in the App Store require a newer operating system than your device can run.

iPad 3rd Generation as tablet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.