Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue box appears with magic keyboard on iPad Pro how to remove it?

This blue box appears around the screen it seems to be whatever is in focus but when i am in the “pages” app It is an orange box and i try press the space bar it Highlights documents in the top left and i can not press space bar to make a space in the document.

i have tried to turn of switch control but it seems to be disabled by default and i have also tried to turn off voice over in accesibility as i found to similar cases which suggested to try these two fixes, but it still appears i have also tried to restart the iPad and this blue highlighting box does not go away..? It appears on the login screen and in safari also, as i said it seems to be whatever is in focus at the time is surrounded by this blue box.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 11:14 PM

I found the solution to remove the annoying blue box, it was in

Accessibility => keyboard => Allow full keyboard access (Toggle off)

i turned this off and the highlighting box went away

1 reply

Blue box appears with magic keyboard on iPad Pro how to remove it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.