Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari private browsing

how to permanently disable private browsing

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 12:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 1:32 AM

Actually I just found the below, see below.

Suraj Padmasali

Last Updated: June 19, 2020 6:37 pm

How to Turn Off Safari Private Browsing on iPhone and iPad

First, let’s find out if private browsing is disabled or enabled, launch Safari and bring up tab switcher. If you can open private browsing mode by tapping the ‘Private’ option, it is enabled.

Launch Settings on your iPhone → Screen Time and tap on Content & Privacy Restrictions.

Now tap on Content Restrictions and then scroll down to tap on Web Content.

Select Limit Adult Websites option from the list. Once activated, you can also add a few websites which you never want to allow from Never Allow option. The Private option will be grayed out.

You can confirm it by opening the Safari and bring up tab switcher from the right bottom corner. Now, you will not be able to open Private browsing mode as it’s disabled from settings on your iPhone.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 1:32 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Actually I just found the below, see below.

Suraj Padmasali

Last Updated: June 19, 2020 6:37 pm

How to Turn Off Safari Private Browsing on iPhone and iPad

First, let’s find out if private browsing is disabled or enabled, launch Safari and bring up tab switcher. If you can open private browsing mode by tapping the ‘Private’ option, it is enabled.

Launch Settings on your iPhone → Screen Time and tap on Content & Privacy Restrictions.

Now tap on Content Restrictions and then scroll down to tap on Web Content.

Select Limit Adult Websites option from the list. Once activated, you can also add a few websites which you never want to allow from Never Allow option. The Private option will be grayed out.

You can confirm it by opening the Safari and bring up tab switcher from the right bottom corner. Now, you will not be able to open Private browsing mode as it’s disabled from settings on your iPhone.

Jul 12, 2020 4:23 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Back story, in Singapore we need to use SafeEntry whenever we enter a building, malls or shops, we need to scan a special QR Code that will identify the time/date and building and your id & telephone in a Safari browser, but the browser always open in Private mode and everytime I need to re-enter again my id/telephone number, that's why I want to permanently turn off Private mode in Safari. But now when in Private mode, it will now stop and ask me to open a Safari browser, while previously when not in Private mode, it will automatically open a Safari browser.

Jul 12, 2020 4:43 AM in response to winneo98

As in everything, there are pros and cons.

What I do not understand from your last post is "but the browser always open in Private mode and everytime I need to re-enter again my id/telephone number".

Are you sure that that request doesn't come from the QR code reading?

Another question: assuming you do not have an iPhone, but a different smartphone, what happens? Does it request to open a different browser (i.e. Chrome) in incognito?

Giulio

safari private browsing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.