Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS update 13.5.1 Failure

Can not download and install update on iPhone 7plus. Even when I try manually several times by pressing download and install link.

error message after the initial download is attached.

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 8:00 AM

8 replies

Jul 15, 2020 9:40 AM in response to bhushan257

Hi Bhushan,

For future updating reference-

Requirements to start and install an Update on an iPhone-

• The phone must be charged to over 50%
  • Low Power Mode must be OFF
  • You cannot be connected through VPN
  • You must have a Wi-Fi connection (not cellular)
  • You should plug in the phone or put it to charge to assure it stays on and connected to Wi-Fi.

Axel F.

Jul 16, 2020 2:13 AM in response to Axel Foley

Hi Axel

Astonishingly, I followed all the steps you specified, I even deleted the software update file from the storage to start a fresh update, I also did a full factory reset, the next thing I was going to try was find an mod image of iOS. However when I tried to update it via iTunes couple of times it responded and finally got updated.

It was crucial for me to have this update as My organisation which is a bank has mandatory criterion for installing Company software on iPhone.

thanks a lot for help.

Reg

Bhushan

iOS update 13.5.1 Failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.