Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not syncing correctly to iCloud / iPad / iPhone

Hello all

I am having some issues around the syncing of photos across to iCloud.

I manage my photo albums on my MacBook, always have, and without issue it has sync'd across to my iCloud and other devices without issue.

Recently however I have encountered an issue whereby my albums are correctly ordered on my macbook (in album name order), however they then appear on iCloud / iPhone / iPad completely out of order.

Everything else appears fine. If I set a new album image on the MacBook pro, it almost instantly syncs across to the other devices. It is just the order.

Last week I manually re-ordered the albums on iPhone and iPad as I have a lot of albums so trying to find a photo on my phone when the albums are just all over the place is time consuming. However they all then just jumble themselves up again.

Anyone any ideas?

I am running version 5 of Photos on MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.2

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 11:35 AM

Try to update to the the most recent Catalina version 10.15.5.

Perhaps that will fix the order of albums.

It may also help, if you organise your albums in folders. The folders will sync to the iPhone and iPad and will shorten the album list considerably. I am creating a set of nested folders, where it is easy to find a specific album by drilling down the nested nested folders.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 11:35 AM in response to Moonman374

Try to update to the the most recent Catalina version 10.15.5.

Perhaps that will fix the order of albums.

It may also help, if you organise your albums in folders. The folders will sync to the iPhone and iPad and will shorten the album list considerably. I am creating a set of nested folders, where it is easy to find a specific album by drilling down the nested nested folders.

Photos not syncing correctly to iCloud / iPad / iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.