Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iPad Air 2 indicates the storage is full

i have an iPad Air 2. The iPad indicates the storage is full. I have deleted most of my apps and over 2,000 Pictures. Yet the storage capacity is still full. The storage for the “Other” category indicates 9.33 GB. How can I delete the data in that category?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 10:03 AM

When you deleted said 2000 photos, if you didn't go to the recently deleted photos folder, they really haven't been deleted. Photos hang out there for 30 days to give you the opportunity to restore them if you want. You can go to that folder and permanently delete them now if you want.

For removal of other, you can backup your device, then restore from backup, which is a very effective way to reduce other. See this link --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 10:03 AM in response to Gmom1921

When you deleted said 2000 photos, if you didn't go to the recently deleted photos folder, they really haven't been deleted. Photos hang out there for 30 days to give you the opportunity to restore them if you want. You can go to that folder and permanently delete them now if you want.

For removal of other, you can backup your device, then restore from backup, which is a very effective way to reduce other. See this link --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

The iPad Air 2 indicates the storage is full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.