Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes PC audio issues

Hello everyone,

I recently downloaded the latest version of itunes on my PC. I have some issues with audio, whenever I play music from my library it works fine but if I try to play a movie or TV show there is no sound playing at all. All my computer settings in terms of audio are full including Itunes but the problem still persists despite changing my playback preferences to "Direct sound".

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 5:59 PM

Hello Ameeracle,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with audio when playing a movie or TV show that you purchased from iTunes on your PC. We are happy to share information that may help.

It sounds like you've done some great troubleshooting already. You mentioned that you downloaded the most recent version of iTunes. You may also want to check for any updates for your Windows PC.

If you're still having audio issues, you may want to uninstall iTunes and then reinstall it: Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2020 5:59 PM in response to Ameeracle

Hello Ameeracle,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with audio when playing a movie or TV show that you purchased from iTunes on your PC. We are happy to share information that may help.

It sounds like you've done some great troubleshooting already. You mentioned that you downloaded the most recent version of iTunes. You may also want to check for any updates for your Windows PC.

If you're still having audio issues, you may want to uninstall iTunes and then reinstall it: Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later.

Take care.

Itunes PC audio issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.