Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data Recovery

Apple has refused to offer data recovery after software problems such as being stuck on the apple logo. So I'm curious if anyone has tried a third party successfully that was able to recover specifically photos and videos with a non responsive phone stuck in recovery mode with no other damage. I have many many videos that are unretrievable and not backed up before this happened to my iPhone 8. I have tried regular reset, factory reset, reset without losing data and started reset with losing data but stopped before I could to find a place to retrieve the data first. Anything will help I am very frustrated and stuck!!!

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 4:20 PM

What is a factory reset? Or are you using reset/restore as the same thing?

If you have a backup you will recover everything but what has been added since the date/time of that backup.

Depending on what is wrong with your iPhone (you haven’t stated that) you can find a reputable 3rd party repair site and see if they can at least fix it until you can get a full backup.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 4:20 PM in response to Sabby_99

What is a factory reset? Or are you using reset/restore as the same thing?

If you have a backup you will recover everything but what has been added since the date/time of that backup.

Depending on what is wrong with your iPhone (you haven’t stated that) you can find a reputable 3rd party repair site and see if they can at least fix it until you can get a full backup.

Jul 12, 2020 4:24 PM in response to deggie

The issue with the phone is it won't turn on after being restarted the phone is now stuck on the apple logo, (currently dead so black screen but whenever plugged into power remind stuck on apple logo again). I was just curious if any apple users have tried a third party to restore data that hasn't been backed up before my issue occured. Factory reset is volume up, volume down then hold power button which did not work. Next step was the restart from iTunes which erases all data after last backup and i stopped before officially restoring it to see if I could find somewhere to retrieve the lost videos before erasing everything. By the sounds of it its not looking too good for me but thank you for the suggestions.

Data Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.