Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change the battery

Can I change my watch battery?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 2:37 PM

Battery service

Apple’s Limited Warranty covers batteries that fail due to workmanship and material. If we find that your battery is defective and is covered by warranty, consumer law, or AppleCare+, then there’s no fee. Apple’s warranty and AppleCare+ are in addition to your existing consumer law rights.

Our warranty doesn’t apply to batteries that get consumed from normal use. If your battery was consumed by normal use, you may be able to replace your Apple Watch for a battery service fee, as shown below. 

If you bought AppleCare+ for Apple Watch, it includes replacement coverage for consumed batteries at no additional charge if your battery holds less than 80 percent of its original capacity.

Battery serviceIn-warranty or

with AppleCare+Battery service fee 

(out of warranty)All eligible Watch models$0$79

These prices are for service directly from Apple. Pricing and terms vary at other service providers. Prices are in US dollars and are subject to tax. We’ll add a $6.95 shipping fee for out-of-warranty service if we need to ship your Apple Watch. We’ll cover the shipping costs for your Apple Watch Edition. Your replacement Apple Watch will be new or equivalent to new.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 2:37 PM in response to BatteryFrustrated

Battery service

Apple’s Limited Warranty covers batteries that fail due to workmanship and material. If we find that your battery is defective and is covered by warranty, consumer law, or AppleCare+, then there’s no fee. Apple’s warranty and AppleCare+ are in addition to your existing consumer law rights.

Our warranty doesn’t apply to batteries that get consumed from normal use. If your battery was consumed by normal use, you may be able to replace your Apple Watch for a battery service fee, as shown below. 

If you bought AppleCare+ for Apple Watch, it includes replacement coverage for consumed batteries at no additional charge if your battery holds less than 80 percent of its original capacity.

Battery serviceIn-warranty or

with AppleCare+Battery service fee 

(out of warranty)All eligible Watch models$0$79

These prices are for service directly from Apple. Pricing and terms vary at other service providers. Prices are in US dollars and are subject to tax. We’ll add a $6.95 shipping fee for out-of-warranty service if we need to ship your Apple Watch. We’ll cover the shipping costs for your Apple Watch Edition. Your replacement Apple Watch will be new or equivalent to new.

Can I change the battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.