Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get Apple TV on my smart tv?

How do I get Apple TV+ on my smart TV?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 4:11 PM

Is your model TV listed as supported for the Apple TV app?

Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple Support

If not listed, then you may need a connected streaming device.

5 replies

Jul 12, 2020 3:41 PM in response to cecile183

I assume that you have signed up with Apple TV and now have an account. First, be sure that you do have a smart TV. At this point only a few do. Samsung does. As you have no doubt noticed, access is very easy on your computer when using the Apple TV app. Access is via the internet. For the smart TV, you need to first connect it to the internet. Samsung provides two methods. (1) via wi fi access to your modem (assuming the modem has wi fi). It would have to be set up using your modem's access code if it has one. (2) run an ethernet cable from the modem's output jack to your TV. Now you are connected to the internet. Follow your TV's instructions in the manual it came with to set up the TV. You do it from the TV's screen, unless you plug in a keyboard to the USB port in the TV. In the set up process on the screen, you have to input information such as your Apple TV account, etc. I found the TV's interface to be very cumbersome, but there is no shortcut. Use the TV's manual if you want to be successful.

Jul 12, 2020 5:18 PM in response to cecile183

You have never stated what model of Samsung smart TV you have, so there is no way we can check for you. Have you gone to the Samsung TV web site to see what information they have? I honestly do not know if each TV requires a different version of the Apple TV app or not. I would think not. The TVs, like computers, have their own modems installed. If I remember correctly, I think you can download the app. I would certainly try to do so. To do so, you would have to use the TV's internet connection to connect to the Apple App Store, enter your Apple ID and then do a download of the app to the TV.

I had a year of free Apple TV which I ultimately cancelled because it was so unfriendly and after two weeks it notified me that I was changed to a week's free trial. I'm sure I could have contacted Apple to fix this, but I was just burned out trying to use their app on my smart TV. Hopefully, your experience will be better. It won't be easy. Good luck.

How do I get Apple TV on my smart tv?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.