Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X New Bus Glitch

A new bug in all my projects where the Busses randomly switch routing and plugins, messing up the project. Messes up all busses.

In my project I have the Background vocals running to a Bus (Bus 6, a track stack), and I had some plugins on there like De-Essing, comp, eq, etc. to mix the BG Vocal Bus. I have another bus (Bus 5), that I am running a Room Reverb plugin on (UA Ocean Way Reverb). The drums, lead guitars, and some other tracks are being sent through there (Bus 5). There is one more track stack I have (Bus 7) that has some lead guitars in it.

The problem is that suddenly Bus 7 no longer has the lead guitars, instead now I am hearing the instruments that are supposed to be going through Bus 6, but they are going through Bus 7 now. Strangely, the plugins from Bus 6 have replaced those already on Bus 7. However, the levels of the faders remained intact which messed up the levels/balance of the busses.

The same thing has happened in every bus. It appears that somehow each bus has assumed the routing of the Bus one number above it. In other words, instruments originally routed to bus 5 are now going through bus 6; instruments originally routed through bus 6 are now going through bus 7; instruments originally routed through bus 7 are now going through Bus 8, and so on. The plugins have also moved from Bus to Bus.

This is really problematic because it really messes up the project and is outside of my control, or the control of any user. Please fix this Apple, and if anyone knows how to fix it, please let me know.

Thanks!

P.S.: This also happened on my brother's computer. I am using a mac mini 2018, and my brother is using a Macbook Air 2017.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 4:08 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Logic Pro X New Bus Glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.