Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari - YouTube Problem

When I use Safari to view YouTube videos, the first one will load but no more than that, until after I restart my Mac (as suggested by YouTube).

Firefox does not have this problem and I now use it for viewing YouTube. Using Safari for most of my browsing and swapping to Firefox for YouTube is clumsy and I am reluctantly using Safari less.

I have tried several "fixes" from this sites for similar problems, but none have worked, perhaps because the problems are not exactly the same as mine. I am hoping that someone with the same problem as mine has solved it and will take the time to share their fix.

Macbook Pro, 2017, 13", Catalina 10.15.5 (latest), Safari 13.1.1(latest), Adobe Flash Player (latest)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 9:00 AM

Hello wwlad,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your question that your YouTube videos are not loading when using Safari. We can certainly help you with this!

This article will be a good resource for you. It will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve the question.

If Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing

We hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 9:00 AM in response to wwlad

Hello wwlad,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your question that your YouTube videos are not loading when using Safari. We can certainly help you with this!

This article will be a good resource for you. It will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve the question.

If Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing

We hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

Safari - YouTube Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.