Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do you use more than 64GB for?

Hello! I’m thinking about upgrading from my XR 128GB to a 11 Pro but I’m not sure what storage size to pick. I’d love to go with the cheapest option since I don’t have enough money to splurge without thinking.

64GB seems so little nowadays, but I’ve never used over 30GB on any phone that I have. (I’m currently using 24,5/128GB, I’ve used my phone for a year) If I were to get a 64GB 11 Pro, would there be a chance that it’s not enough if I might keep it for many years? Aside from pictures, I just mean general software/app sizes.

That’s why I’m asking - how much storage do you use? What do you use it for? Is it safe to buy a 64GB model these days?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 4:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 5:06 AM

We always recommend that you purchase a phone with the most storage that you can afford since you can’t add more. If you are comfortable with using the 30 GB that you have used, then a 64 GB phone should be fine for you. I am using 35 GB of my 64 GB but I don’t keep photos or videos that might eat up storage. You need to decide how much storage you might need in the future and plan for that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 5:06 AM in response to Laura0704

We always recommend that you purchase a phone with the most storage that you can afford since you can’t add more. If you are comfortable with using the 30 GB that you have used, then a 64 GB phone should be fine for you. I am using 35 GB of my 64 GB but I don’t keep photos or videos that might eat up storage. You need to decide how much storage you might need in the future and plan for that.

What do you use more than 64GB for?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.