Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding DNS to Configurator 2 Profile

Will configurator 2 give me the option to specify dns when building WiFi profiles?

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 7:14 AM

No. DNS on iOS/iPadOS applies on and off site. As these devices are highly mobile, connecting to any other wifi network without also being connected to VPN will cause internet access to be unavailable if that server is unavailable. Unless you're wanting to point to CloudFlare or Google, I would not set it for your users. If you want certain DNS when on a specific wireless network, you're better setting them on the network itself, rather than the clients.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 7:14 AM in response to New2configurator2

No. DNS on iOS/iPadOS applies on and off site. As these devices are highly mobile, connecting to any other wifi network without also being connected to VPN will cause internet access to be unavailable if that server is unavailable. Unless you're wanting to point to CloudFlare or Google, I would not set it for your users. If you want certain DNS when on a specific wireless network, you're better setting them on the network itself, rather than the clients.

Adding DNS to Configurator 2 Profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.