Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview notes order

Ever since I updated to Catalina, Preview has been displaying the notes and highlights of annotated PDFs in a random order. This persists even after I restart the app and restart my computer, and several other users have raised this issue but none has yet received an adequate fix. It is now quite difficult to use Preview with PDFs and if this issue is not fixed soon I will need to find some other software to use.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 6:24 AM

This is a user's supported community and the Apple product teams do not participate here. Yes, this Preview annotation ordering nonsense has gone on long enough, and all you can do is 1) Use the current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, or 2) send feedback to the macOS Product team. Unless this issue is fixed in Catalina 10.15.6, it likely will never be fixed in Catalina.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 6:24 AM in response to jamesbk

This is a user's supported community and the Apple product teams do not participate here. Yes, this Preview annotation ordering nonsense has gone on long enough, and all you can do is 1) Use the current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, or 2) send feedback to the macOS Product team. Unless this issue is fixed in Catalina 10.15.6, it likely will never be fixed in Catalina.

Preview notes order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.