Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I’m paying for extra storage why can’t I update my phone ???

If I’m paying extra for storage , why can’t. I update my phone ?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 6:42 AM

You need to delete items physically on your phone. Whatever you delete will make space. Do note that if you are using iCloud Photo library if you delete your pictures on your iPhone they will also be deleted from iCloud.

Storage you pay for is iCloud Storage has no bearing on your iPhone's actual physical storage. You don't need to pay for more storage, because there is no way to increase the physical storage on your iPhone.

You can pay for more iCloud storage until you are blue in the face, it won;t change the amount of physical storage on your iPhone.

See here: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 6:42 AM in response to Carrie6491

You need to delete items physically on your phone. Whatever you delete will make space. Do note that if you are using iCloud Photo library if you delete your pictures on your iPhone they will also be deleted from iCloud.

Storage you pay for is iCloud Storage has no bearing on your iPhone's actual physical storage. You don't need to pay for more storage, because there is no way to increase the physical storage on your iPhone.

You can pay for more iCloud storage until you are blue in the face, it won;t change the amount of physical storage on your iPhone.

See here: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If I’m paying for extra storage why can’t I update my phone ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.