Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I update my iPhone 6 to ios13?

Can I update my iPhone6 to ios 13?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 7:30 AM

7 replies

Aug 21, 2020 1:32 PM in response to Oscarhumpage

Oscarhumpage wrote:

No. Buy a 6S or later if you want iOS 13.

I know you're excited about the forums (Welcome!). However, there's really not much point in duplicating an answer in a month old thread, especially when the original poster has already marked it solved. All you've succeeded in doing it to bump a thread to the top of the list for no real benefit. There are tons and tons of new questions posted every day. You'll provide more benefit (and are more likely to get points!) if you answer those.

Best of luck.

Aug 21, 2020 1:59 PM in response to Oscarhumpage

Oscarhumpage wrote:

Then what's the point?

There is no point in answering a thread that was correctly answered a month ago and marked solved, especially if the answer you give is essentially the same as the original, solved answer.

If you feel you really must answer month old posts, then pick ones that haven't been marked as solved and don't post answers that are the same as the ones that are already there.

Aug 28, 2020 9:26 AM in response to Oscarhumpage

Oscarhumpage wrote:

As you can see, I have less points than you, so why would it be the same?

Yes, I'm aware you have fewer points than I. Perhaps English is not your native language? When I say there is "no point" I mean "there is no reason" or "no sense" in answering posts that were answered weeks or months ago, especially if you're just giving the same answer that was already given and marked as solved.

It's also considered bad form to answer a post with the same answer that someone else gave a few minutes or hours before. It makes it seem as if you're hoping that the original poster will give you the points.

Before you post an answer, read the thread. Make sure it's recent. Make sure that you're not just giving the same answer that someone else give (whether they gave it a month ago or a few minutes ago). Make sure that your post adds something to the thread the no one else's has.

Can I update my iPhone 6 to ios13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.