Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I "review account information"

I got an alert "your apple ID is being used to sign in to a new device near Somerville, MA"

I've never gotten this kind of message before. I don't share my apple ID and password, but my children do know it; maybe they shared it at one time?

I immediately changed my apple ID password.

But today I am still getting that same alert.

Not sure what to do.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 6:24 PM

You can't. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error. Based on other posts I have read, the distant error can be very large.

4 replies

Jul 13, 2020 10:25 AM in response to bhwrites

Check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.    

Apple ID Password Change.      

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Jul 13, 2020 1:38 PM in response to bhwrites

Changing your password was the right thing to do. Follow up with What to do after you change your Apple ID or 

Password https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204071.

A location error probably is the source of your concern. So, see the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915

When you sign in on a new device, you’ll get a notification on your other trusted devices that includes a map showing the approximate location of the new device. This is an approximate location based on the IP address the device is currently using, rather than the exact location of the device. The location shown might reflect the network you're connected to, and not your physical location.

If you know you’re the person trying to sign in but you don’t recognize the location shown, you can still tap Allow and continue signing in. However, if you ever see a notification that your Apple ID is being used to sign in on a new device and you're not the one signing in, tap Don’t Allow to block the sign in attempt.

how do I "review account information"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.