Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to help moderators?

The first one might not be a strictly technical question, but I really want to help moderators keeping these forums clean. From what I heard I can do my part by flagging inappropriate posts, but I can't find the button.

Also my little daughter's pink iPod just died...I believe it's the battery, I want to make her happy and repair it...Should I bring it to the Genius bar? (please move this question if I happen to have posted it in the wrong forum)

Also is there a "tip jar" for moderators, I imagine they must be really stressed out in times like these?

Thank you Apple and Apple users!

iPod nano (7th Gen)

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 9:00 AM

First, it’s nice that you want to help

If you keep answering questions you will get points at at level 2 or 3 I think you can get the ability to report rule breaking posts.

Build your reputation and get rewarded in the community - Apple Support

As to your daughter’s ipod, it may be repairable but a lot of it depends on how old it is and whether or not you’d be money ahead to just get a new one.

iPod Repair - Official Apple Support

As to a tip jar, I’m sure a thank you will suffice. Or you could contact apple corporate and give them a thumbs up

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 9:00 AM in response to Winston Archibald Baxter VII

First, it’s nice that you want to help

If you keep answering questions you will get points at at level 2 or 3 I think you can get the ability to report rule breaking posts.

As to your daughter’s ipod, it may be repairable but a lot of it depends on how old it is and whether or not you’d be money ahead to just get a new one.

iPod Repair - Official Apple Support

As to a tip jar, I’m sure a thank you will suffice. Or you could contact apple corporate and give them a thumbs up

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Jul 13, 2020 9:02 AM in response to Winston Archibald Baxter VII

Winston Archibald Baxter VII wrote:

The first one might not be a strictly technical question, but I really want to help moderators keeping these forums clean. From what I heard I can do my part by flagging inappropriate posts, but I can't find the button.

Hello and welcome.

You won't see the "Report" button until you reach level 2. You get there by posting responses to questions and having the original poster mark them as "Solved" or "Helpful".

Also is there a "tip jar" for moderators, I imagine they must be really stressed out in times like these?

The Hosts are paid Apple employees. My hope is that Apple pays them well for the stress these forums must cause them. They are lovely people who are very committed to their work.

Regarding your daughter's device, start here:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Best of luck.

Jul 13, 2020 9:06 AM in response to Winston Archibald Baxter VII

Welcome!

Once you obtain Level 2 by helping other users, then you get reporting privileges that allow you to notify the Hosts of problems.

Note: in general you do not interact directly with the Hosts (conversation) until Lever 6.

Also my little daughter's pink iPod just died...I believe it's the battery, I want to make her happy and repair it...Should I bring it to the Genius bar? (please move this question if I happen to have posted it in the wrong forum)

Best to post the iPod question one of the iPad forum where users who specialize in them hang out. It is very hard to get only part of a post recreated in another forum as a new thread. Start here:

iPod - Apple Community

The iPod sub-models are listed near the top, Find the one that best fits and post there.

How to help moderators?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.