Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo do not appear in Photos library in Final Cut Pro

Photo's library does not appear when I elect select the photos button. My subfolders appear but the "All" option isn't lit to apply to the view screens. I can only select All albums or my albums and photos library is not available. I just upgraded to mac os Catalina and a "new" 2016 MacBook Pro.

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 9:44 AM

The "All" button will only light up after you select an album to view, not when you are browsing the album thumbnails. It will then allow the choices "All", "Photos", "Videos" or "Favorites".

I don't know why "All Photos" isn't working, though.

Also: FCP will only be able to access photos that stored locally, not those that are iCloud.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 9:44 AM in response to RM9

The "All" button will only light up after you select an album to view, not when you are browsing the album thumbnails. It will then allow the choices "All", "Photos", "Videos" or "Favorites".

I don't know why "All Photos" isn't working, though.

Also: FCP will only be able to access photos that stored locally, not those that are iCloud.

Jul 13, 2020 10:20 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

That definately answers my question. So the follow up is, when we use the cloud like Apple encourages how do we get the pictures for FCP? It can be difficult at best to pull them down from the cloud every time I want to use them. Would the best idea be to download the photos library from the cloud to my external and simply update it whenever I plan to work in FCP? or is there a better solution?

Photo do not appear in Photos library in Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.