Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV 4K box makes our HDTV screen flicker

Our new Apple TV 4K box makes the left side of the TV screen flicker when we try to use it. We have to turn it off and on a few times to get it to stop. I have tried resetting and checking the video compatibility. Nothing seems to work.

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 10:07 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Are you able to try it with another HDMI cable or on another TV.

Also you say that turning it off and on gets it to stop, but also that nothing seems to work, can you explain what you mean by that, they seemingly contradict each other.

3 replies

Jul 13, 2020 10:25 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Yes. I have tried 2 cables and another TV. When we turn on the Apple TV box and the screen is flickering, the only way to stop the flickering is to turn off and on a few times.

I tried resetting it to factor settings and tried syncing video quality to stop the issue altogether (so it doesn't flicker when we turn it on the next time), but neither of those two things worked.

AppleTV 4K box makes our HDTV screen flicker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.