Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music app on ipad

On the Apple music app on my ipad at some point I have managed to get some of my music albums on there but it seems I can't do that now for some reason can anybody tell me if this is possible? I have loaded most of my cd's onto my computer using itunes so would like to get them onto my ipad.

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 10:35 AM

Yes, its entirely possible.

Purchased songs from the iTunes Store, would appear on there automatically.

For anything else, you need to sync the iPad to the computer that golds these songs. See here: Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

9 replies

Jul 13, 2020 11:51 AM in response to hootboot

A 2010 MacBook Pro can update to 10.11 El Capitan just fine. In fact it can update all the way to 10.13 High Sierra.

See here: How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

You need a recent version of iTunes that can support your iPhone for either syncing your music or using iCloud Music Library to get the music to the iPad.

So the first step is to update your Mac, then you can have options of how to sync your music to the iPad.

Jul 13, 2020 11:27 AM in response to Phil0124

Hi, I have a mid 2010 macbook pro which I used to load cd's as it has a cd drive not realising I cannot update the software on this computer as it is too ancient, I think the latest is 2012 for el capitan. It is running Yosemite 10.10.5. and I cannot connect my ipad to it. Is there another way i could get the cd's off of this computer onto my ipad please?

Apple Music app on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.