Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic mouse

Is there anyway to make Magic Mouse work with X El Capitan version 10.11.6

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 2:49 PM

The current, rechargeable, Magic Mouse (2) sold in the online Apple Store requires OS X 10.11 or later. If it is charged, and paired with El Capitan, it should work. It was introduced less than a month after El Capitan 10.11.0 was released.

The original Magic Mouse 1 (replaceable batteries) required at minimum OS X 10.5.6, and if the fog of time has not set in, I believe my three magic mouse 1 replacements occurred when I was using El Capitan.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 2:49 PM in response to lindseyjim

The current, rechargeable, Magic Mouse (2) sold in the online Apple Store requires OS X 10.11 or later. If it is charged, and paired with El Capitan, it should work. It was introduced less than a month after El Capitan 10.11.0 was released.

The original Magic Mouse 1 (replaceable batteries) required at minimum OS X 10.5.6, and if the fog of time has not set in, I believe my three magic mouse 1 replacements occurred when I was using El Capitan.

Magic mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.