Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina Update

I have been trying to update the latest Catalina but did not seem to work at all. I have enough storage space and everything seems to be fine. There is no error message and no notifications showing me there is not enough storage space. Please advise.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 2:58 PM

How much free space do you have on your boot drive?

Are you trying to upgrade or update?

If update try downloading and applying the macOS Catalina 10.15.5 Combo Update.  You still have problems boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and try applying from there.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 2:58 PM in response to FluffyChoco

How much free space do you have on your boot drive?

Are you trying to upgrade or update?

If update try downloading and applying the macOS Catalina 10.15.5 Combo Update.  You still have problems boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and try applying from there.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Catalina Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.