Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble downloading an app

I'm trying to download an app - it's a government app and the requirements clearly state that "iOS 10.3.3" is needed to download the app. I have the dreaded 4th generation iPad (which I bought privately, unknowingly, just recently), for the specific purpose of getting this particular app as I found it too small to operate easily on my iPhone which BTW has iOS 13.5.1 Anyway, my iPad DOES have iOS 10.3.3 and when I select "Install" on the app I get the message that the app is not compatible with my iPad. Hence my question "Why not?" And is there a way that this can be done? Please help me, I cannot return my iPad.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 7:53 PM

Hello,

In this case it is likely that the application requires specific hardware that is not present in your legacy iPad model. Whichever case, if the message states the application is not compatible with this iPad then it is not compatible with this iPad.

2 replies

Jul 13, 2020 8:14 PM in response to QuickPost

Well that's really not helpful is it. Perhaps the app/apps could be more specific in the future to explain to us "mere mortals" that when the requirements say 10.3.3 is required it really means that, "You poor mortal, what we say is not necessarily what we mean, and even if you have 10.3.3 is doesn't mean that you're gunna get our app". "Too bad for you, boo hoo"!!!!!

So thanks for stating the obvious, sorry, it's not your fault but I'm hopping mad about this as I need this app for work, sooooo,

I'm going to look for "hacks", wish me luck 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Having trouble downloading an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.