Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to a specific iOS version

I was wondering if it's possible to update to a specific version of iOS that is slightly older than the current version (13.3.1 is the one I want to use). I recently got an accessory for my iPhone XS and it will not work correctly on iOS 13.4 and above. I know that you can download the IPSW and use that in iTunes, but I was wondering if apple had a way in iTunes to update to a version that is not the newest.

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 7:39 PM

2 replies

Jul 13, 2020 7:50 PM in response to nico_allison

Yes you can do that. You’ll first have to put your phone in DFU mode (recovery mode) then connect it to your computer and iTunes will recognize that a phone is in recovery mode.

Then hold down Shift key if you’re using a PC or the Option key for a Mac and click the restore button then select the iOS that you’ve downloaded that you want to use to downgrade your phone.

Remember that only “SIGNED IPSWs” will work if you want to use iTunes to downgrade your iOS.

Update to a specific iOS version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.