Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

I’ve always stored Original Photos on my phone. Now I’m concerned about losing them if my phone gets damaged/lost.

If the phone is storing originals but I have it enabled to backup my phone to iCloud. Are my photos being backed up too.

In the meantime I have enabled optimise storage and store originals in the cloud. The reason why I have been avoiding this is that I also use Google drive and a Synology NAS box. Now I’m confused. What happens if I select photos and move to Google drive/NAS via built in options, will it move originals or just optimised photos. What happens if within the Googledrive app if I upload photos. Will it pull originals in background from iCloud ? I’m thinking not

cheers

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 12:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 3:32 PM

Are you storing your photos only on your device, in other words, you don't (or do) have iCloud Photos enabled? If you have it enabled, your photos are stored also in iCloud and a small footprint of the photos on the device.

1 reply

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.