Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the Japanese keyboard under my general settings (American keyboard input), but a kanji is wrong

I have on random occasions while creating Japanese-English flash cards noticed that some of the kanji are wrong. How does one go about reporting this to Apple?

I am using an iPad Pro 11-inch WiFi with the floating keyboard, current on all updates.

For example, I am trying to put in the Japanese kanji for “future prospects”, which in hiragana is しょうらいせい, but the kanji options are wrong. On my device it is showing 将来性, but it appears wrong on my iPad.

If I save my note, and view it on another device, or send via e-mail to another device (Apple iPhone or PC), the kanji appears correct.

Please see the two pictures below.

Incorrect one below (taken from my iPad)

Correct one below (taken from my iPhone)

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 5:38 AM

HazeFactor wrote:

Yes.... I know it is a Chinese vice Japanese character, but I have no Chinese language installed on my iPad. So why is it doing this?

Click on Other Languages and add Japanese. You should have a list of Preferred Language Order under the iPad Language with Japanese near the top.

7 replies

I have the Japanese keyboard under my general settings (American keyboard input), but a kanji is wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.