Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup HD clone problem...

Hi,

i change my mbp for a new 2020 and before (2013 mbp Catalina) i made my backup with TC and also a HD cloning through CCC.

Now its been a week trying to clone my HD (apfs) to a WD myPassport (apfs) but its only copying the "system" volume and fail for the "data" volume. I tried format, convert, 1 volume, 2 volumes, with Disk Utility, with CCC, with Terminal, nothing worked. I did the "allow boot" thing from Recovery Mode but really im out of idea :(

Can you tell me if im fighting a OSX setting-option-removed feature-something or its a CCC problem?

I also tried with SuperDuper! and no luck neither :(

Thank you :)

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 8:10 PM

HA! I got it, well... the problem was the Catalina version :) I tried on my wife's mbp (10.15.5) and it works, when i compare with my settings i found that my mbp was 10.15.4. So my CCC version wasnt compatible for the 10.15.4. So i updated my mbp to 10.15.5 and BAM it work :)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2020 8:10 PM in response to JVRGB

HA! I got it, well... the problem was the Catalina version :) I tried on my wife's mbp (10.15.5) and it works, when i compare with my settings i found that my mbp was 10.15.4. So my CCC version wasnt compatible for the 10.15.4. So i updated my mbp to 10.15.5 and BAM it work :)

Backup HD clone problem...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.