Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if I have no contact with the owner and there is still the activation lock? Can you guys unlock it?

What if I have no contact with the owner and there is still the activation lock? Can you guys unlock it?

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 2:44 PM

This is a user to user forum. You are not addressing Apple support. As users we can't unlock anything.

Also, Apple won't unlock it without proof of purchase from them or an authorized Apple reseller.

Activation Lock is anti-theft mechanism and designed to not be easily bypassed.

If you can, return it to where you bought it from, as you won't be able to use it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2020 2:44 PM in response to mostakim144

This is a user to user forum. You are not addressing Apple support. As users we can't unlock anything.

Also, Apple won't unlock it without proof of purchase from them or an authorized Apple reseller.

Activation Lock is anti-theft mechanism and designed to not be easily bypassed.

If you can, return it to where you bought it from, as you won't be able to use it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.