Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sign-in and access my HBO NOW subscription?

I am viewing Apple TV+ on my LG television via the Apple TV app. How can I view HBO with my HBO NOW subscription?

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 12:18 AM

HBO Max requires its own app, separate from the Apple TV app. The Apple TV app on third party streaming devices will only support the iTunes Store, Apple TV+, and Apple TV app Channels. That excludes any services that requires their own app. The Apple TV 4K box offers much more than the Apple TV app on a smart TV, and in this case that applies to third party apps, and how the Apple TV app is able to interact with some of those apps on an Apple OS (iOS, iPadOS, tvOS).

Which devices work with HBO Max? - HBO Max Help Center

Until HBO Max becomes available in the LG Content Store (if at all), you will not be able to stream HBO Max without an external streaming device. Maybe use AirPlay if your TV supports that. You may want to connect your Apple TV 4K again.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 12:18 AM in response to entertainment_seeker

HBO Max requires its own app, separate from the Apple TV app. The Apple TV app on third party streaming devices will only support the iTunes Store, Apple TV+, and Apple TV app Channels. That excludes any services that requires their own app. The Apple TV 4K box offers much more than the Apple TV app on a smart TV, and in this case that applies to third party apps, and how the Apple TV app is able to interact with some of those apps on an Apple OS (iOS, iPadOS, tvOS).

Which devices work with HBO Max? - HBO Max Help Center

Until HBO Max becomes available in the LG Content Store (if at all), you will not be able to stream HBO Max without an external streaming device. Maybe use AirPlay if your TV supports that. You may want to connect your Apple TV 4K again.

Jul 15, 2020 1:04 AM in response to entertainment_seeker

HBO Now is no more. HBO Now has transitioned into HBO Max, since May 27, and that is completed per June 12.

HBO Now required its own app, separate from the Apple TV app.

If you had the Apple TV app Channel HBO, then that is different from HBO Now. If you had Apple TV app Channel HBO, then possibly you may continue with that, but I don’t think they take new subscriptions anymore.

HBO stops participating in Apple TV Channels, users directed to HBO Max app - 9to5mac.com

Jul 15, 2020 5:17 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thank you for your reply. I stand corrected. My inquiry is for HBO MAX as I have upgraded to HBO MAX the week of the new release of the app . However, when trying to watch HBO MAX content via the Apple TV App on my LG Smart TV, I am unable to do so. Any advise on how solve this problem without purchasing a separate subscription for HBO MAX?

A bit of back ground information, I also own an Apple TV 4K and I subscribe to Apple TV+. I welcome your thoughts and suggestions. Thank you.

How do I sign-in and access my HBO NOW subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.