Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing music from Mac to Iphone - does it require ITunes Match or Apple Music?

I used to be able to sync music from my desktop Mac to my Iphone. Am I now limited to subscribing to ITunes Match to do this now? Why do I have to pay even more money to Apple when I already have I-Cloud?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 8:26 PM

Hi!

To sync music from your mac, first plug in you iPhone in. Next, open finder and scroll down until you see "iPhone" and click on it. If you see the option for "trust" with this computer, click trust and unlock iPhone and press "allow" for your iPhone to start trusting your computer. Next, click the music tab in the top and the "sync music from entire library" and it will start uploading to your phone. If this doesn't work, drag all the songs from iTunes to your desktop and manually drag and drop them to the music tab, and this, too will start the uploading process.

Hope this works! :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2020 8:26 PM in response to CityGal415

Hi!

To sync music from your mac, first plug in you iPhone in. Next, open finder and scroll down until you see "iPhone" and click on it. If you see the option for "trust" with this computer, click trust and unlock iPhone and press "allow" for your iPhone to start trusting your computer. Next, click the music tab in the top and the "sync music from entire library" and it will start uploading to your phone. If this doesn't work, drag all the songs from iTunes to your desktop and manually drag and drop them to the music tab, and this, too will start the uploading process.

Hope this works! :)

Syncing music from Mac to Iphone - does it require ITunes Match or Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.