Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to actiivate Iphone 7 128GB (Model A1660) after updating to IOS 13.5.1

I have updated my IOS software to 13.5.1 on my Apple Iphone 7 (Model A1660) two weeks ago. 

Since the update to the latest IOS version, my iPhone 7 says “No Network" and I cannot activate my phone as I receive this error message: "unable to activate iphone an update is required key is missing"

I have tried to restore my iPhone 7 at least 20 times using iTunes and my MacBook Pro.

It has not fixed the issue.

I have put the phone into DFU mode many times, did a full restore using the latest Itunes version.

I have tried using different SIM cards in my phone, it all has the same result.

I have used my SIM card in another iPhone, it is picking up the network perfectly.

I have been using my iPhone 7 for about 3 years without any problems.

I have an iPhone 7 128GB (White in Colour)

Model: A1660

Has anyone had this problem and how do I resolve this problem?

iPhone 7

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 5:06 PM

Hello AdamKolia,

We can see that you're running into issues with getting a signal to your iPhone 7. We can understand wanting to have this looked into and resolved. Check out this link to learn what to do If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad.

If you go through those steps and continue to have the issue, you'll want to Contact Apple for support and service to see if your iPhone qualifies for the iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2020 5:06 PM in response to AdamKolia

Hello AdamKolia,

We can see that you're running into issues with getting a signal to your iPhone 7. We can understand wanting to have this looked into and resolved. Check out this link to learn what to do If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad.

If you go through those steps and continue to have the issue, you'll want to Contact Apple for support and service to see if your iPhone qualifies for the iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues.

Cheers!

Jul 19, 2020 6:31 AM in response to brenden dv

Hello Brenden DV,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

I have gone through all the settings on my Iphone 7.

I have an Iphone 7 (Model A1660) which is one of the Iphone 7 models which is affected by the "No Network" issue.

I did not receive any email for the last 3 years from Apple, asking me to take the phone into an Apple Store to have it repaired for free.

I have spoken to my local Apple Store at the Cresta Shopping Mall, in Johannesburg, South Africa.

My phone has been booked in on 02/25/2020 at the Apple Store to be repaired.

The repairs cost $15.

I do not mind paying for the repairs, as long as they are able to get my Iphone 7 working again.

I will give you feedback once my phone is returned to me after 3-7 working days.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Cheers!

Adam

unable to actiivate Iphone 7 128GB (Model A1660) after updating to IOS 13.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.