Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am restoring my iPhone 6S from my iCloud backup. It seems to be stuck with the progress bar and Apple symbol. There has been no "progress" for quite a few minutes. Is this normal?

Taking a long time to restore iPhone. Seems to be stuck - progress bar not progressing.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 8:06 AM

How long is quite a few minutes? It can take quite some time to totally restore a backup if you had a lot of data, apps, etc. However, if it is stuck on that screen for say 30 minutes, you could try restoring the phone and start all over again. You have nothing to lose. The backup will still be there to use again.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2020 8:06 AM in response to mishqit1

How long is quite a few minutes? It can take quite some time to totally restore a backup if you had a lot of data, apps, etc. However, if it is stuck on that screen for say 30 minutes, you could try restoring the phone and start all over again. You have nothing to lose. The backup will still be there to use again.

Jul 15, 2020 11:12 AM in response to mishqit1

It could take up to 24 hours for all of your content to download from the cloud including all of your apps, app data, photos and so on. However, your phone should not be stuck on that screen for this long. By my calculations it’s been that way for at least 3-1/2 hours and that just isn’t right.

Personally, I would try a forced restart and see what happens. I don’t know if you will ultimately have to restore to factory settings and then restore the backup, but if that progress bar has been stuck for over 3 hours, it’s not going to go any further anyway, IMO.

If you care to try it, In order to perform a forced restart, Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

That will (should) cause the phone to restart and then if it does you should be able to start over again.

I am restoring my iPhone 6S from my iCloud backup. It seems to be stuck with the progress bar and Apple symbol. There has been no "progress" for quite a few minutes. Is this normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.