Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X increases tempo when i'm playing any song

I'm experiencing problems with logic pro x increasing the tempo/BPM when i'm playing a song, and it changes to the beginning when it reaches the end. Is this a bug or what is this?

Also i've been trying to make use of the program before it started behaving like this, and it kept making problems with different functions in logic, it doesn't work for me. I'm experiencing problems with everything from quantising to playing. Please help me with this problem.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 10:24 AM

Similar questions

13 replies

Aug 18, 2020 6:02 AM in response to Wilddrums

Hi, i checked the MIDI settings, it looked fine.

Then i went along with bypassing the controllers, and that's where the fault was.

I suspect that it was the latest purchase of mine, a M-audio Code 25, Which however works great.

So now that i got this* message i know that i have to delete the drivers, i can get the new drivers easily i just need to know where they're installed on my computer. I want to delete them first so that i can have a clean slate so to say.

Thanks again so much! // Andreas Löwing

Jul 31, 2020 12:45 PM in response to Mrswalbard

Thanks for the feedback.

OK.... To summarize:

No device connected. No audio or MIDI interface.

No third party software installed (Driver, audio or MIDI application...).

No automation (Track and Region).

No Tempo automation (Global track).

No Tempo Map (Global Track).

Flex is OFF.

Smart Tempo settings to defaults and in Keep mode.

You create a new empty project. You press play and the tempo changes in the LCD.

Right?

Tempo, MIDI and sequencer interaction issues can be tricky sometimes. I'll need to do some experimentation.

Here few pointers:

Check MIDI synchronization in Logic Preferences.

Check Synchronization in Project Settings.

Try Menu Logic Pro X > Control Surfaces > Bypass All Control Surfaces.

Create a new empty project with one Instrument track. Record enable that track and press record. Touch nothing. Wait until you see the tempo changes. Stop recording. Select the recorded region. What do you see in the Events List?

Let us know of the results. Good luck.

WD

Logic Pro X increases tempo when i'm playing any song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.