Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cancel monthly game subscription

Hello,

I received an email from Apple advising me that a monthly game app subscription. When I click on the attachment & press cancel subscription, a warning comes up that it could be a deceptive website. How do I cancel this subscription.

ps it took me 15 minutes to find a username that wasn’t taken to just send this message!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 3:28 PM

That sounds like a scam rather than actually being from Apple. Among other things, there wouldn't be an attachment if from Apple. If the only indication of the charges is from an email or text, be aware that it may be a phishing attempt to get you to log in to a site that appears to be Apple and divulge your password or credit card information. See: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If it was a real subscription it would be shown in the following and you could cancel as described there: See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2020 3:28 PM in response to I-am-angry-with-apple

That sounds like a scam rather than actually being from Apple. Among other things, there wouldn't be an attachment if from Apple. If the only indication of the charges is from an email or text, be aware that it may be a phishing attempt to get you to log in to a site that appears to be Apple and divulge your password or credit card information. See: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If it was a real subscription it would be shown in the following and you could cancel as described there: See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Cancel monthly game subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.