Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restarting problems

I recently updated my mac OS 10.15.5 (Mojave?) and am wondering if this is the reason why my computer keeps restarting? I've tried updating my software again, alongside other software updates (like, Microsoft 365).

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 9:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 10:13 PM

yimmay81 Said:

"Restarting problems:,I recently updated my mac OS 10.15.5 (Mojave?) and am wondering if this is the reason why my computer keeps restarting? I've tried updating my software again, alongside other software updates (like, Microsoft 365)."

-------

A Few Thoughts:

A. macOS: macOS 10.15.5 is Catalina

B. Refer to this Link:

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

C. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Your hard drive may not be being read promptly, so resetting these, all of the ports would be configured to how they should be. If one attempt does not work, it might take three times - this can be time consuming. So, make sure you have time to do this.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2020 10:13 PM in response to yimmay81

yimmay81 Said:

"Restarting problems:,I recently updated my mac OS 10.15.5 (Mojave?) and am wondering if this is the reason why my computer keeps restarting? I've tried updating my software again, alongside other software updates (like, Microsoft 365)."

-------

A Few Thoughts:

A. macOS: macOS 10.15.5 is Catalina

B. Refer to this Link:

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

C. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Your hard drive may not be being read promptly, so resetting these, all of the ports would be configured to how they should be. If one attempt does not work, it might take three times - this can be time consuming. So, make sure you have time to do this.

Restarting problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.